Friday, March 23, 2012

Life and its twists and turns

Alrighty. Again it has been forever since I blogged. I have been so busy. I have been putting in 40 hour work weeks and then on top of it spending a lot of time with family. It has been very enjoyable. My mother in law and I made a curtain for above the kitchen sink in their house that they recently moved into it matches the kitchen hutch that we are still working on. Besides that I haven't done a whole lot of crafty things until yesterday. I redid my kitchen chairs! 
 

They look wonderful. I can't believe I forgot to take a before picture but here is the after. Before they were wood with a cream seat. I wasn't the biggest fan of the color. Plus my kitchen is black, red, tan and a sage green so I made it so they would fit better. I love the end product. Of course my silly husband doesn't understand it but he's a boy he doesn't have to. I also made a table runner out of a small peice of fabric I bought from walmart forever ago. I used steam-a-seam (I LOVE THAT STUFF). You can kind of see the chairs in this picture of what they used to look like.
I made a wreath from a bunch of empty toilet paper rolls that we had been saving up. Again my husband doesn't get it in the slightest. But I love the end product. First I measured the toilet paper rolls into 1 inch pieces, cut them and started gluing. I got creative. I spray painted it while I was doing my chairs and now it looks awesome hanging in my bathroom. I got my inspiration from pinterest.
 
Then my bestie is getting married in June and I lucked out and was asked to be the maid of honor!!! So exciting. So I have been doing my best to do my duties from Idaho. I found this awesome giant flower pattern on pinterest and naturally Racheal loved it. So I got the supplies and decided we better give it a try before we plan on doing it. I am not the happiest with how it turned out so someday in the very near future I will be doing a second one. I think we will end up using them. I love the idea I just need practice. I want to try them smaller too!
In other news not on the crafty side. I got a timed large crockpot. Boy do I love it! I have made a roast, chili, and corned beef in it so far. I am so so glad we got it. It is so nice to come home from an 8 hour shift and serve up a plate of warm already cooked food. Usually we have leftovers which rocks because then I get some for lunch the next day too! We also upgraded our internet and man is it amazing. We can get on the internet and actually do what we intended to do. I love it. It only takes me 10 minutes to pay the bills where as before it took up to 2 hours... no joke!
 
Lastly, I have decided to go back to school! Wawhoo! Hannah is getting her masters! I have looked into and decided on Capella University. It is totally online and I can be done in 2 years with 2 classes a semester. We are not exactly sure when I will be starting but by the fall is our goal for me. I will be studying Psychology with an emphasis in child and adolescence studies. We shall see how it all goes. I am nervous. I am not sure how it is going to go but I am sure going to try.
And well that's been my life as the wife of a poor college student....
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you!! for all of it. I wish you were here to teach me craftiness! I love you babe! So glad you get to be a matron of honor you are going to be gorgeous as well as the bride i'm sure :) good luck witht the Masters you will rock. I love Psychology and always play around with the idea of getting it...one day. love you much!!

    ReplyDelete