Saturday, June 23, 2012

And now for an Update!!!!



Okay! Okay! I know! I know! I have been seriously slacking on keeping up on the blog posts. So I will do a mini review.

March:
 March 22nd I got a new nephew. Boyd or Bodie as he is called was born. He is named after my dad and born on his birthday. And he is so fetching adorable!

Photo: I love baths! I cannot wait to swim in grandma and grandpa's pool with my cousins!
April:
 Denali came back to Idaho to start a new semester. So for the first couple weeks of the month we kept busy getting her settled and preparing for a new semester. Not to mention Ki and Tina with Raeanna and Beatrice and my Mom came up to Rexburg for a short visit. Nick got his new toy: the IPod 3. Which he loves and protects with his life. Then we went down to Utah so we could be there while my baby brother Sam got married. He married such a sweet little woman. We are so glad to add Rebecca to the Grawe clan. Oh I almost forgot I got my Kindle... one word. LOVE!


May:
 Wedding preparations were in full swing for Racheal's wedding the beginning of June. I spent the month cutting out 72 giant paper roses (which didn't end up using as roses); making 180 place settings; 24 table numbers; 200+ name cards; and doing varies other little tasks that I will post glimpses of. They turned out great if you ask me. Denali's birthday was in the beginning of the month so I made her Mountain Dew Cupcakes, which she seemed to love. Ginger & Chris with James & Lily came up for a visit. It was so fun to see them. Then the day before I left for Minnesota. We celebrated Nick's birthday. And that was because it was his birthday. He turned 25. He choose to get a grill for his birthday. It's huge and he loves it. Oh and I sfeehas... yummy little meat in a roll things. Oh and I was offered a permanent position at Home Depot which I gladly accepted.









June:
 For the more recent stuff I'll give more details....

Racheal's Wedding: I left for Racheal's wedding really really early in the morning on the first. I got to Minnesota in the early evening. There was running and jumping and screaming of course when I saw my bestie! We spent the next 10 days preparing for the wedding. I got to see so many friends from Minnesota. I am so glad I was able to go and help with the wedding. I will say that planning a wedding from another state proves to be really stressful. With a lot of help from Racheal's family (which I now consider to be my family) we pulled it off. Of course there were the funny stories like no A/C in the church during the ceremony and me spilling a plate of BBQ on Racheal's dress. Oh and the fact the venue management was a joke and decided yelling at a Mormon about alcohol made sense. IN THE END... it was fabulous and I can't wait till the next wedding I get to help plan. Oh and I was so busy I got like no pictures so those will come when I get them and I am sure you will be pleased!

Uncle Jim's Funeral: My Dad's uncle passed away a few days after I got home from Minnesota and I immediately started making plans to get down to Utah to be there for my dad. My dad grew up very close with his mother's side of the family, seeing that his father passed away when he was 4 months old makes that a little more understanding. Just to clarify Uncle Jim had cancer and had suffered from strokes so we know as a family that he is much happier in Heaven. It was wonderful to be able to see my dad. Nick and I stayed with him at his hotel. So I really got to get some quality time in with him. And we got to spend Father's Day with him. He taught us hearts in the hotel room after running to the gas station next door to get snacks and a deck of cards. Denali drove down with me and Nick on Friday and they went back together on Sunday. I came home on Tuesday with my mom-in-law. I was so so happy to be able not only to get to see my dad but I got to go to James & Lily's grandma birthday (They were born a week before Christmas. So their birthday party is held on their half birthday to make things a little bit easier; plus who doesn't want to birthday parties?). It was priceless spending the day at the farm and watching all those little ones feed the animals and have a blast. It helped that I always a some sort of child in my hands at all times.




Christa & James' Open House: Just yesterday I got to go to Christa and James' open house. If you don't know who they are I'll give you and update. I met Christa when I started working at the library in security. We ended up having our Spanish class together and took the remainder of our Spanish classes together. It was awesome to have someone to study with. Christa is also the person I spent a lot of time with while me and Nick were apart. She helped me stay sane. And James came into the picture not to long after Christa and I met. They dated off and on.... They finally tied the knot about a month ago in the St George temple. They had their open house yesterday night at the Budge's home. It was so wonderful to be there and catch up. Congrats Christa and James!!!

    As a side note to this, the Budge's, Brother Budge was my boss, mentor, therapist and most of all friend while I was at BYU-Idaho. He gave me a job after I came back to school in 2009. He was there from the beginning. He passed away in February my last semester at school. I still have a very difficult time talking about Brother Budge. He was very suddenly and swiftly taken from this earth in a motorbike accident. It was very much a shock to me and everyone else for that matter. I miss him terribly. I miss the man I would go to because my own was in a hospital bed half a country away. I miss the man that always had the right words to make me smile. I miss the man that helped me strive to be a better person. I miss the man that told me to go to the gym not because he thought I was fat (which I accused him of) but because he wanted me to be healthy. I miss the man that would arrange a meeting with me just to show me funny emails and talk about the boys I had crushes on. I miss my "Budge". As I sat in his kitchen last night and could see him standing in the doorway cracking a joke, it pulled at my heart. As his sweet wife sat there and asked me questions about his love for me, I knew he was there apart of the conversation, listening and knowing that he is loved and missed. I am so glad that I could be there.
                 

So now we are caught up today....

I have decided to look into finding a job closer to home. I don't think I will leave The Home Depot. I think that I really need to work with children. I miss them! So pray for me folks that I can find something in Rexburg and working with kids. And will pay the bills. Besides that I have been keeping busy. Nick's family is in town through the end of the month. I am so glad that we get to party with the Angiuli's. I guess that's it from me for now.

Hannah Angiuli... the extremely poor wife of a college student.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl HEEEEEEY :) I pretty much love you, that's what I needed to saaaaaay....

    enough of my awkward song...

    Anywhoo I wanted to let you know that I chose you for the Leibster Award! Head over to my page and check it out!

    http://heatherandtylerdraney.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete