Monday, July 16, 2012

Isn't it about time...

So again life has gotten away from me. Ready for my update?

Sorry I don't have pictures... I am lame like that this time.

In the past couple of weeks I have quit Home Depot; obtained another job; found out I am severely anemic and have a stomach ulcer; had an interview for a position in a hospital; and taken our car to the shop for an oil leak. Now for those of you who want the short update that was it...

For those of you who don't mind hearing the whole long drawn out story here it is:
A few months ago I started getting really bad leg cramps during the night... well pretty much every time I fell asleep. So me being the daughter of a doctor tried to combat the issue at home. I became religious about taking my daily multivitamin, I started taking calcium and eating large amounts of bananas and broccoli in hopes to bring up my potassium intake. NOTHING worked, in fact it was getting worse. So I decided I would pay attention to my daily activity during the day and see if that made a difference. Sure enough on the days that I worked at Home Depot I had more intense cramps and they occurred more often. So I started stretching before going to bed. Still no change. Finally it peaked and I had 17 leg cramps in one 8 hour span of sleeping... if you can even call it sleeping. Enough was enough and I made a doctors appointment. I had to wait till the Tuesday (6/3) of the next week because of Home Depot. I went to the doctor and he drew some blood and I had to come back in a week to get the results.

In the meantime I find out through the grapevine about a job in Rexburg, Home Depot is a 45min drive from me now, that pays more but has less hours. I promptly applied and that day got an interview, which I nail by the way. Within a week I find out that was I hired. Then Nick and I were faced with the decision of me quitting Home Depot. After crunching the numbers and deciding that it is the same amount of pay and that Home Depot has way more cons than pros; we decide it is time for me to quit. So on July 6, I gave my 2 week notice. And almost instantly I got a stomach ache. I think oh great here comes my post stress tummy ache. Just like the one I got after my wedding, and after we moved to Idaho, and after Racheal's wedding. I figure if it isn't gone by the time I go to the doctor then I will say something.

Well Tuesday (6/10) comes around and it is time for my second doctors appointment. First things first, I get answers about my legs. It turns out the issue with my legs is the lack of ferritin in my blood or in laymen's terms iron. I am severely anemic. My ferritin levels are 2, the normal range is 10-154. My doctor adds the cherry by saying, "That's the lowest I have ever seen, no wonder you feel so sickly." Thanks doc! So he sets me up with a ferritin push or as I like to call it my fuel up! I tell him about my stomach pain as we are trying to figure out what is causing this huge drop in ferritin levels. He says my stomach no longer has the ability to absorb iron seeing as I have been taking a multivitamin that has iron for the last 6 months daily and my levels are still this low. So guess what every 3-6 months the rest of my bodily existence I get to get ferritin injections. But as far as the stomach pain goes, it is an ulcer so now I take a daily antacid pill. And it works great no more tummy pain!
So Tuesday I get home and I feverishly cleaning my house because I have a very old friend come over for dinner and I want my house to look oh so pretty, and I get a phone call from the hospital. I figure they are calling  to schedule my ferritin injection... NOPE! I get call for an application I put in a month and a half ago. I say sure and get an interview schedule for the next day. Shortly after the hospital calls and I schedule my injection for Thursday.Oh yeah in the midst of all this we notice are car is leaking oil... GREAT! We take it in and find out that they have no time that day but to bring it in the next day. We figure out there is no way possible that is going to work so we plan to take it in the next week because of busy schedule.

So Wednesday (6/11) is here. I start my day at work. Six am to 10am... We had figured out the week before when I had these stupid four hours shifts at Home Depot I only get paid $21.40 for the whole shift after you take out gas and taxes. Anyway I got off work late so I hurried home to get ready for my interview. I went to my interview and an hour later I walked out knowing I had hit it out of the ball park! I asked when I would hear, they said that they should know by the end of the week.  That night I went to a girls only party and had a blast learning all sorts of new ways to help enhance my marriage.

Thursday (6/12) my day started with work once again but it was a 6 hour shift. I got a lovely potted flower at work. It was originally $60 but I got it for $10 such a good deal I couldn't let it go to waste. Nick and I got in a fight over it but it was sooo worth it... Don't you think? Anyway I got home from work and went straight to the hospital for my ferritin injection. Something that should of taken 30 minutes ended up taking well over an hour... my veins suck! The  rest of the day was pretty relaxing. I had a few side effects, I got really light headed and have had a headache since then. And this really weird thing with my back.

Friday (6/13).... Friday the 13th, pretty darn normal to me. I went to work. It was pain stakingly slow! It was only 4 hours so all is good. I came home and cleaned then took a well deserved nap. Then I had a good friend come over. I had spent some of my day playing on pinterest and decided that chicken enchiladas sounded good for dinner. Katie and I went to the temple and came home and made dinner. We watched some Monk and I was out for the night.

Saturday (6/14) Another day at work. It was slow as well surprise surprise! Luckily I had a friend on the other side of the store that I texted the entire time. I came home and took another nap. I love my naps. I have been so tired lately. Turns out that is a side effect of the anemia. Well I decided I wanted to figure out how to make my Grandma Jodi's potato salad. All I can say is that I can't handle other potato salad cause it is nothing like my Grandma's. I have many summer memories of helping peel potatoes and de-shelling eggs. Oh yummmy! I called my dad and came up with a list and winged it from there. So to my family members that read this if you want the recipe ask and I will send it your way.

Yesterday was a good day. I went to church ALL OF IT! Wawhoo the first time in months! I am so excited to be able to go to church again. It really is weird how much I missed all 3 hours of it.

Today we took the car and are still waiting to hear how much it is going to cost to get it fixed. Also I called the hospital about the job. She said that there should be a final answer by tomorrow afternoon. So pray for me people pray! And Nick has all his finals so pray for him too! My last day at Home Depot is Friday. I can't wait for that to be over!

So there is the update.
Sincerely Your Wife of a Poor College Student,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment