Monday, October 29, 2012

The Orange Puzzle Piece

I cannot believe it has been soooo long since I have posted a blog update! So I am going to give you a small review.
August: I want back to Texas for 2 1/2 days. The whole purpose was to help my big sister drive back to Utah after being in Texas for almost a month. It was completely worth it! I ended up getting a sewing machine out of the deal and a load of other stuff because my parents loooove and spoil me! It was so nice to see my family too! I love them so much! While in Texas my nephew was diagnosed with being on the autism spectrum. And shortly after we got back home we had a plan in place.


September: My older sister called me with an idea of how I could help. If you know me at all you know it was killing me being so far away and not being able to help my sister with this huge challenge. She came up with the idea of opening a etsy store and donating the proceeds to James. Of course I instantly jumped on the wagon and supported the idea and was ready to help in anyway I could. So I worked all month long making items for the store. At the end of the month I took a trip to Utah for a fundraiser. Toting all my creations with me. While there a friend of the family Dawn Jones hosted Pampered Chef party donating all the proceeds to James' therapy costs. It was a huge success. By the time I left Ginger and her family we had a plan to open the store as soon as possible.
October: Opening the store. Huge deal. Well it took us about two weeks to finish up some projects and to take pictures and get bank accounts cleared up. We opened our store at noon on October 20th and had our first sale that night. We had another 2 later that week. It has been very satisfying knowing that I am using all my free time to help James.

To give a little bit more of a background the state of Utah doesn't help families when it comes to paying for treatment for autism. Which is just horrible so now my sister has the challenge of coming up with about $6,000 dollars a month to pay for James' therapies. Which are working amazingly well. If you'd like more information check out my sister's blog: http://blog.heuerfam.com. You can donate on this site or you can hop onto our etsy site and check out what we have there. You might find something on there to give to a certain little baby you have in your life for the holidays: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheOrangePuzzlePiece.

So thus far this has been my life. Helping my hubby get ready for work... He now works for Sony and LOVES his job! He started at the very beginning of October. I love having a happy husband. We are working very hard to get ourselves out of debt. I still work for the bakery and I love it. One hour a day most days a couple hours on the other days. But mostly I spend my time making hand crafted items to sell to help little Jimmer James!


I hope you have enjoyed the update into the life of a very very poor wife of a college student.


Hannah

1 comment: