Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Year Ago Yesterday



We were married a year ago yesterday. The best decision ever! I know there are some really important people in my life that had doubts about that decision but let me tell you... Nick and I are very happy. We have moments together that I want to last forever. He is amazing, he always knows how to get me to smile. His laugh is so contagious that I can't help but laugh every time he is laughing. I love him to the end of the world and then more. Now that I have given you a sneak peak of me and Nick. I wanted to document what happened on our wedding day. Mostly because I haven't yet and it is important.

So a year ago yesterday. I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep next to my best friend, Racheal Robinson. My head was full of curlers that my big sister had put in the night before. After getting clothed my mom, my sister Tina, and Racheal piled into my dad's car and headed to my house in Spring 45 minutes away. We got there and Nick's little sisters got to work on my hair. Soon my family headed to the temple. I sat there and watched as the time got closer and closer to the time of the wedding. I asked Nick over and over to get the car ready for us to leave to the temple. We were late. So late in fact that I cried the entire way to the temple. In the end it was fine because the temple was running late. At the temple my mom helped me into my wedding dress. And I met up with Nick in the whitest room you can ever imagine. We sat together while our family gathered in the sealing room. We enter sat next to each with our mom's on either side of us. Soon we were sealed for time and all eternity. 
We exited the temple where our friends and family were waiting to cheer us on. I could not of been happier.


Now this is were it gets hot literally. It was mid August in Houston Texas. It was hot. We spent about an hour at the temple taking pictures. It was so fun and there was a little bit of kiss and a lot of smiling. Soon we were on our way back to my parents ranch to take more photos. Racheal rode with me and Nick in our jeep. We stopped at Sonic and got something to drink. Nick's parents picked up subway and we all met up. We ate and the boys changed into jeans and the girls into jean skirts. We took loads and loads and loads of pictures and it was HOT!!!!

 

After the picture taking was over almost every one headed to the church for the reception. Nick and I stayed at my parents house. It gave me a chance to get out of my dress for a few hours. We took a nap. We also washed Nick's shirt because it was soaked in sweat. Soon it was time to head to the reception but first we checked out the condo we were staying in for our honeymoon. Very nice!

When we got to the church I changed back into my dress and helped out with the finishing steps. Kyle O'Leary had come down the week before the wedding to help with all the preparations. I can't thank him enough for all he did. He MC'd our wedding. He introduced us as we walked into the reception hand and hand. We went table to table and thanked people for coming. And shortly after my dad preformed the ring ceremony where Nick and I exchanged rings.Then Nick Sr gave a prayer and we ate dinner.  It was so freaking good! My friend's dad Ram Gonzales a awarding winning Pit Master did the meat for us. It was amazing. We also had rolls, beans and mac n' cheese all from Sam's Club. I could go for a plate of that right now. During the dinner Racheal gave a little speech and so did Tom, Nick's best man.



Afterward Nick and I had our first dance. We danced to You Had me From Hello by Bon Jovi... Nick picked the song. Was awesome and kinda of like a Jr High dance. Nick doesn't dance. It was so cute and totally awesome. The next song came on and we were joined by our nieces and nephew and a few of my siblings. I guess not very many were in a dancing mood that night. After a little bit of dancing it was cake time! There was a little bit of a cake fight. Nick being Nick I knew I was getting cake in my face. We had a cup cake, cake. It was awesome if you ask me and very Delicious. We got it from Sam's Club so of course we had some yesterday! It was wonderful.

 

Next thing you know nick was removing my guarder and I was throwing my bouquet. I decided to change out of my dress before I left. We walked out of the church toward our car through a crowd of family and friends blowing bubbles. We got to our car that was filled with balloons and covered in lots of love by our family. We left the reception and went straight to the car wash. We headed to a week on the lake. We watched a lot of movies and ate Dominos Pizza a lot too. It was a great honey moon.



So there is my wedding day story.



So we made it a year and only have eternity left. I cannot believe how fast it went. When we got married last year I don’t think we knew what was going to happen next. Well we went on our honey moon. We spent a week at a resort on Lake Conroe in Conroe Texas. When the vacation was over we leapt directly in to the grown up life of responsibility. We both worked long nights until we left for Idaho in the end of December. We celebrated Christmas with my family in Texas, packed our little Honda Civic and hit the road. As we drove both of us didn’t utter a word to each other about the weather. To our amazement as we drove further and further North there was NO snow. There was no snow in Rexburg Idaho on December 29th; where just a year before there were mounds so high the city was taking snow in truck loads out of the city.  Craziness. We had paid a moving truck to move all our things because we weren’t comfortable driving a U-Haul through the snow. Oh well… better safe than sorry!

Soon after we arrived to Idaho Nick started school and I found a job working at Home Depot as a cashier. Nick worked very hard passed all of his classes, most of which were science classes where the class average is a C. I am so very proud of him for working hard and making it through. I recently found a job in Rexburg working for a bread company as a merchandiser, or in other words put the bread on the shelves at the local grocery stores. I love my new job. I left Home Depot running. Nick was planning on doing an internship with Idaho National Laboratory this fall but do to finical reasons we’ve decided to wait till the Spring. So until January Nick will be working. He will then begin his final semester of school. We plan on him graduating in April 2013. 

So that's the story from a wife of a poor college student,

Love ya!
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment